Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tough Week

This past week has been the hardest week of my entire life. Tough way to start a blog, but I certainly mean it when I say it.

First, I got a little homesick starting earlier in the week, which has never really happened before. Now that I have been living here for a decent amount of time and have really finished adjusting to the food, culture, and people, it is only natural to miss what you have been used to for 23 years. Trust me when I say that America is a great country, you will never hear me say anything bad about it again. Second, I got pretty sick from one of my teammates with the cold flu. Had a fever, really sore throat, stuffed up, and coughing up goodies and all of that. It is hard to play at your highest level with all of that going on. Like really really hard, when all you want to do is lay down and not swallow. Speaking of basketball, my team is now 9-2 and still in first place by a full game. We lost our last game in OT with some controversial calls but it was against a very good team, one we will definitely probably see in the playoffs in the near future.

We got to go on a team retreat shortly after our loss, so all wasn't a complete failure - except Coach decided in order to build more team chemistry we needed to be isolated in the countryside away from any technology or any people except each other. So that is what we did, drove out to the middle of nowhere (it was freezing) and stayed at a little hotel with my teammates. Things were going well when I checked my inbox and got a message on my phone.

 I am not going to get into details on a public internet blog, but sometimes you just get a phone call or a message that literally brings you to your knees. If you are reading this and this is something that has never happened, than you need to drop to your knees and thank God for such a blessing, because it has been one of the hardest moments of my life. A phone call that put Mongolia, basketball, and life in general in perspective, instantly. Before I turn this blog into a diary ill just finish by saying I never really had gotten a message or a phone call like that in my life and when you do get one, all you can do is pray and ask for prayer, so thats what I am doing. I would love to have your prayers my friends, I miss and love you all.

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment